Tuesday, December 21, 2004

So now after the election they figure this out...

From Reuters:

"A majority of Americans now say the war in Iraq was not worth fighting, a view that has driven down the ratings of President Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld..."

And people couldn't figure this out before the elections precisely why?

OTOH, I'm still not convinced Kerry would have been a tremendous improvement. I trust him more to keep the religious right out of my personal life and privacy, but he also couldn't keep his own finances afloat without marrying a millionaire, so I'm not sure what he would have done with this economy. Ah well, too late to complain either way. But I do find the shift in public opinion interesting. I wonder if it's just the emotional effects of the holiday season?

In other news, my kids will be delighted - Harry Potter 6 has a release date.
I forsee a midnight trip to Borders in my summer plans.

(Ok, who am I kidding? Mom's delighted too. So I read the Harry Potter books with the kids. So sue me. Like the fact that I am a science fiction/fantasy geek is news to anyone?)

And fun link of the day: Heavenly Coffee?

No comments: