Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It never rains...

Was at the ER Sunday night until about 1:30 AM - da boy fell off a swing (tire swing, being pushed v. high by another kid. He says he slipped, but I've seen how high off those he tries to jump, so I could see it being either scenario) and almost broke his foot. Did end up just a bad sprain. But I think half the medical community has been fed and housed by my household's contributions to the profession this year. :)

Also, have no sign-ups for this seminar. Guess it must be bad timing again. Ah well, we keep trying.

Do have a lead on an SAP implementation job at Purdue - it'd be a heck of a commute, but the recruiter is... well, let's just say I'm skeptical as always, but if they came through with it, it would be a sufficient pay raise to more than adequately compensate for the commute time... Also have a lead on another business analyst position with a company implementing a different ERP system - I think it's Microsoft's system, eew, but then again, could it really be worse than SAP? :)

And feel v. guilty about applying at a company that just let a friend go. (NOT for the same job! I'm nowhere near THAT heartless!) Unfortunately, it was for writing marketing copy for IT stuff, and they want someone who knows both... and that's just about perfect for my skill set.

No, I'm not thrilled about the idea of leaving Lilly, but the internal job market is just about as slim as the external job market, so I'm leaving all my options open. I do have three internal postings pending as well... but also have four internal postings that I've been turned down for without even an interview, so I don't want to count on that.

I so wish someone would wave a magic wand and say, "I'll pay you the same salary you get now to run your seminars..." But income at that level is a couple years down the road at the earliest, I suspect. I'd risk me, but not the kids...

No comments: