Monday, November 14, 2005

Well, we didn't end up running the seminar Saturday...

We were ready, though, by golly -- I had the manual written and everything. :) Just didn't have participants. I need to figure out if we mispriced, didn't advertise enough, didn't publicize -long- enough, didn't have effective advertising, or if it was just the November "too-busy-with-the-upcoming-holidays" syndrome. However, we spent the day in a "business plan retreat" and have ideas for the future.

Ok, I can't help it; I'm one of those weird people who -likes- planning stuff like this. Mind you, I love the concept of teaching the classes and getting to do what is, for lack of a better term, my vocation. Even though the classes themselves aren't about spirituality (of course, to me all life is spiritual, but that's my thing. :) ), teaching them is the best way I can think of to carry out what I believe is my mission in life: to help people feel better about themselves. That's what I've enjoyed about creating and leading services at church, and that's what I enjoyed about being a priestess all those years. And jointly, this is our way of trying to make the world a better place: things like the riots in Paris are a very dramatic example of why we think it's important to teach people that they are stronger than their fears, and that at their core they are powerful and empowered beings of love. But turns out I love the whole business planning part of it too: figuring out effective publicity and instructional design and web design and everything else I get to do with this.

Which I guess is what being an "entrepeneurial type" is about, huh?

No comments: